Veterans Day Activities for Elementary School Students 2017
Veterans Day is observed every year on the 11th November. This year it is going to be on Friday, which eventually is an extended weekend. For this day, many would be planning to organize veterans day activities, veterans day activities for elementary students, veterans day activities for elementary school etc. If you are looking for such stuff. Hope your search would end here. As here, we have shared all such cool collections which you can download and use for free.
Veterans Day Activities
Veterans Day Activities for Elementary Students
- Celebrate Freedom Hat Grades Elementary
Fun hat to create in honor of those who fought for our freedom.
- Handprint Flag Grades Any
Fun art activity.
- Honoring Our Veterans Through Poetry Grades 6-8
A read-write-think lesson that requires students to acquire new knowledge and to expand upon their understanding of themselves and the culture of the United States.
- If You Are Free – Thank a Veteran Grades K-3
An activity to help students understand the importance of our military in maintaining our freedom.
- Internet Scavenger Hunt: Honoring Our Veterans Grades Various
Students learn about this holiday as they explore the Internet.
- Literature Tie: The Wall Grades 2-3
An activity to complete after reading Eve Bunting’s book.
- Patriotic Song Puzzles Grades 2-6
A fun and interesting way to help your students learn patriotic songs.
- Pictures say a 1000 Words Grades K-8
Students illustrate a patriot song through a student created art slide show for a patriotic holiday event.
- Red, White & Blue Windsock
Creative way to show your American pride.
- Speakers, Projects Bring Veterans’ Stories to Classroom Grades Various
A tremendous amount of resources from Education World.
- Veteran’s Day Clipart
You and your students can create great documents.
- Veteran’s Day – Printable Worksheet Grades Elementary
A worksheet that allows students to practice comprehension skills and learn about the holiday. This worksheet is in PDF format.
- Veteran’s Day Crafts, Print Outs, & Projects Grades Various
A great collection of resources from Enchanted Learning.
- Veteran’s Day Newspaper Grades 3-12
While learning about the Veterans Day holiday, students will write a newspaper summarizing the basic conflict of various wars in American history.
- Veterans In My Family Grades PreK-12
Students will create a visual of students’ family members who are/were veterans
and develop an appreciation for people who have served the USA in time of war.
- Wall of Peace Grades 5-12
A good activity for Memorial Day, Veterans Day, or September 11.
- The Wall Inspires Letters to Veterans Grades K-12
Eve Bunting’s The Wall inspires students to write letters to veterans at local veterans’ hospitals.
- What is Veteran’s Day? Grades K-8
While practicing comprehension skills, students will learn why Americans celebrate the Veterans Day holiday.
Veterans Day Activities for Elementary School
Hope you like our collection. Feel free to share them on social media with your friends and followers.
Searches related to veterans day activities for elementary students
- veterans day poems elementary students
- veterans day activities middle school students