Thank You Veterans Quotes, Poems, Images, Sayings and Flags 2016
Happy Veterans Day to all of you. Every year this day is observed on 11th November. This day is meant to honor our Veterans who fought for the nation. As today is an official holiday let us solely dedicate this day to honor and respect the great Veterans. Schools, colleges, and other non-govt organizations would continue to be working but they would pledge in the morning assembly and observe 2 minutes silence at 11 a.m. For this purpose, they would be surfing the web for some cool and awesome collection of thank you veterans quotes, thank you veterans poem, thank you veterans images, thank you veterans flag, thank you veterans quotes and sayings etc.
You may like:
If you are looking for the same, hope your search would end here. As here we have shared what you are looking for. Feel free to download and use them as they are free.
Thank You Veterans Quotes
- While we can’t begin to repay the debt we owe our veterans for their brave service, we can certainly take steps to ease the physical, psychological and financial hardships they may be experiencing.~ Kirsten Gillibrand
- I think our veterans certainly deserve and have earned the best health care in the world. ~ Phil Roe
- There was a huge, tremendous amount of disabled veterans and the Veteran’s Administration just wasn’t geared up for it. I know for a fact that it’s getting better and better. ~ R. Lee Ermey
- Memorial Day isn’t just about honoring veterans, its honoring those who lost their lives. Veterans had the fortune of coming home. For us, that’s a reminder of when we come home we still have a responsibility to serve. It’s a continuation of service that honors our country and those who fell defending it. ~ Pete Hegseth
- Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country’s cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause. ~ Abraham Lincoln
- Support our troops!” we cry, but I say, “Love our veterans!” And when he neglects church, take him cookies anyway. Sing him a song. Pet his cat. ~ Chila Woychik
- You’ve been told that you’re broken, that you’re damaged goods and should be labeled victims. I don’t buy it. The truth, instead, is that you are the only folks with the skills, determination, and values to ensure American dominance in this chaotic world. ~ James Mattis
Thank You Veterans Poem
- The Soldier stood and faced God
Which must always come to pass
He hoped his shoes were shining
Just as brightly as his brass.
“Step forward now, you Soldier,
How shall I deal with you?
Have you always turned the other cheek?
To My Church have you been true?”
The Soldier squared his shoulders and
said, “No, Lord, I guess I ain’t
Because those of us who carry guns
Can’t always be a saint.
I’ve had to work most Sundays
And at times my talk was tough,
And sometimes I’ve been violent,
Because the world is awfully rough.
But, I never took a penny
That wasn’t mine to keep…
Though I worked a lot of overtime
When the bills got just too steep,
And I never passed a cry for help,
Though at times I shook with fear,
And sometimes, God forgive me,
I’ve wept unmanly tears.
I know I don’t deserve a place
Among the people here,
They never wanted me around
Except to calm their fears.
If you’ve a place for me here, Lord,
It needn’t be so grand,
I never expected or had too much,
But if you don’t, I’ll understand.”
There was a silence all around the throne
Where the saints had often trod
As the Soldier waited quietly,
For the judgment of his God,
“Step forward now, you Soldier,
You’ve borne your burdens well,
Walk peacefully on Heaven’s streets,
You’ve done your time in Hell.”
- Thank you veterans of the Red, White, and Blue,
our heroes who defend America,
We proudly salute you!
You are the rock and foundation,
the reason America is a proud and free nation.
- Thank you Veterans…
For putting your life on hold,
so another can be born,
and we have a chance to grow old.
- I lay here today a soldier
I know some don’t understand
I will try to explain
So maybe you can
I served my country
For many a year
I retired long ago
The soldier still here
I put on my uniform
I wore it to foreign lands
The soldier I was
Is still in the man
I have been a husband, father, and friend
To some of you here
But I’ve been a soldier all along
Even after so many a year
My final salute
I render today
I’m still a soldier
I’m just on my way source: via
- In Flanders Field with poppies red,
there lies the secret of the dead.
Those blood coloured poppies
so red and so gay,
bring the whispering sound
of Remembrance Day.
Those true earnest men
who fought for their land,
now lay beneath the musky cool sand.
Alert and ready at dangers call,
prepared to fight they would not stall,
but march right on,
now some there lay,
In Flanders Field,
with poppies gay.
Written by Brenda Meier-Hans
Thank You Veterans Images
Thank You Veterans Flag
Thank You Veterans Quotes and Sayings
- “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” —Maya Angelou
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” —Elmer Davis
- “I believe it is the nature of people to be heroes, given the chance.” – James A. Autry
- “Valor is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul.” — Michel de Montaigne
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” —John F. Kennedy
- “Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of readiness to die.” —G.K. Chesterton
Hope you like our collection. Feel free to share them on social media with your friends and family members.
Searches related to thank you veterans
- thank you veterans quotes
- thank you veterans quotes memorial day
- veterans day thank you sayings
- thank you poem veterans
- thank you cards veterans
- thank you veterans song
- thank you letter veterans
- thank you veterans essay